Thanks to Elizabeth over at Fun in Room 4B, I am posting today!
I have been in a funk, of not knowing what to write, I have no pictures of things I have been doing...I feel like I am behind the 8 ball with the beginning of the year and all the new curriculum changes and the new Marzanno changes...and...and...and...my excuse list just gets bigger and bigGER and BIGGER....No MORE!!!
I am here today to blog!
What IS happening in my room...Let's see...
1. Math time is going great, even my sweet intern has embraced the routine of Guided Math, and taken over my Math time! (yeah)
2. The Daily 5 is in full swing, now I can start my small groups on a regular basis...plus continue to work one on one with a higher frequency. TODAY I found time to teach writing! (HUGE news since we are missing our usual time to write by working with Math Tools)
3.We are on Book 5 in the Magic Tree House series, the kids love it! (so do I)
4. I LOVE Science! This year I have started a "Science Log" to go with Jack and all his note taking...so today we went outside with our hand lenses and examined soil! Good Times. We then wrote in our "Science Logs" all about what we saw, smelled and felt. The kids are so excited to act like Jack and real scientists too!
5. Our Tool Time is a lot of fun too! My sweet intern has taken that area over too, and is really experimenting with all the base 10 blocks and getting creative with place value! I know the class is having fun and learning!
6. Next week we are going to write to our Pen Pals in Missouri for the first time! I let my friend know we are writing! AND a 5th grade teacher e-mailed me today and invited our 2nd grade class to be their Reading Buddies! So excited to collaborate with an older grade!
7. How could I forget, Constitution Day and FREEDOM week coming up...doing a lot of patriotic activities!
So here I am thinking about "I have nothing to blog about" (waaah, waaah, waaah) and look! WOW it's like a whole article!
We are busy, just like you.
Elizabeth thanks for the kick!